8/26/10

The Final Countdown

  So, for starters, if my blog is looking as sad on your screen as it is on mine, I apologize.  The background isn't working and for some reason neither are most of my slideshows.  Hopefully some day soon that will be a project.  Or, better yet,  maybe I'll just get a new computer and start this blog off fresh and new!  But, really that's not at all what this post is for.
  I hope this blog won't be too boring for most of you since there won't be any cute munchkin pictures today.  Just me blabbing on to whoever will listen/read. I'm sitting here, unsure about how I'm supposed to be feeling right now, since I only have 3 days left until my babies leave me for the world of academia.  Audrey starts Kindergarten on Monday and Lexi begins co-op preschool on Tuesday.  Now, I know what most of you are thinking, "Celeste, get a hold of yourself!  It's only Kindergarten, just 2 1/2 hours a day.  There's plenty of time left in the day for fighting kids to drive you crazy."  And I know that.  It's just that these two crazy girls have been right beside me from the moment they've each been born.  And now I'm afraid everything is going to fly by way too fast.  I may as well start college applications next year. 
  I am excited though.  It's going to be fun watching Audrey having so much fun in school and making so many friends (since everyone is her friend whether they know it or not). And Lexi...  well, maybe she'll learn how to make a few friends.  And the girls are excited too.  Audrey is constantly asking me to look at the calendar with her so we can countdown to open house night at school (tomorrow!) and the first day of school.  She is slightly nervous though.  Last night after I tucked Audrey into bed she started to panic because she couldn't remember her address or phone number.  "Mommy, I have to practice my phone number tomorrow with homework so I can remember and go to school!"  But, when I quizzed her she still had them both down pat.  Lexi is just excited to be doing some of the same things as Audrey, like buying backpacks.  She knows I want her to be toilet trained before school starts and she is working her little behind off trying to do that (pun not completely intended).  She is so close, but when she does have an accident the poor girl has a meltdown.  She just wants to be a big girl so badly.
  So, if you're curious to see how we all survive the first week of school, come on back next week for a full recap and plenty of pictures. 

2 comments:

karlamsmith said...

I'm already dreading it and Jenna has another year before preschool! BTW, if you had a cutest blog on the block background, it did weird things when they redid their site. I had to go and download my background again. I don't know about the pictures though... good luck!

D Sharp said...

I can't believe the girls are going to school! I'm excited to see what they pick as their first day of school outfits. They're going to have so much fun!!!