9/2/10

I Have Butterflies in My Legs!

  Monday morning you could feel the excitement in the air. Audrey was ready to go, and then it was time to get in the car and actually go to school. "It feels like I have butterflies in my legs!" Kindergarten was everything she has hoped for and more. Audrey loves her teacher, playground, reading time, snack time, and new friends. Today, they even went to art class with "two real art teachers", according to Audrey.  Also, she now thinks she wants to take the bus home from school since she has friends who take the bus, and she can't wait until her teacher assigns homework.  She'll change her mind on both of those soon enough.
Now, can you tell a difference in her mood before school and after?  I didn't think so.

Before
After







 













  And then there was Lexi...
  Alexis started Co-op Preschool on Tuesday, and I've been a bit nervous.  With good reason I may add.  She is infamous for her biting, bullying and the general playground instigation, and let's not forget titty-twisters (my only excuse is that he was older than her, and bugging her).  Infact, after I first met Lexi's Nursery teacher after we moved into out current ward, I asked how Lexi was behaving.  All the poor lady could choke out was that "Lexi is a bit, uhhh... aggressive."  Yes, yes she is.  So, yes I was very nervous about Tuesday.  Part of me wanted to stay by the phone and wait for the poor mom to call me to pick up Lexi early.  The other part of me wanted to be gone so she couldn't get hold of me, then she could deal with her, or call Tim.  I stayed away from the phone as long as I could.  And when I picked up Lexi from school, I was informed that there was actually a threat to call me so I could get Lexi early.  But, she was scared straight and everyone survived the morning.  Today went a little better, and we'll just take it from there!


There are more pictures!  Check out the girl's pages for more pictures of their first day of school.

1 comment:

Grandme said...

She definitely is an '07 model (think Braelyn). They have an unique personality. I have another granddaughter and a daughter of someone in my ward that has similiar personalities. Have to love them and Lexi is so cute too. They must be here for a special mission.