It's been 2 1/2 months since Isaac was born and I haven't posted a single thing about him or his birth! For those who actually get our family news from this blog he really does exist! If you didn't already know here are the stats. Isaac was born March 27 at 1:43 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 21.5 in. long. He nows weighs 11 lbs. 1 oz. and measures 24 in. long. I'll spare you all the gory details and just let you all know that at around 8 o'clock on the morning Isaac was born I skipped into Labor and Delivery feeling great, and not totally convinced that my water truly had broken. Tim wasn't convinced either and was dressed for work. Needless to say things progressed through the morning and Isaac joined our family. The labor and delivery really was pretty easy and I'm still not really sure why I let the nurse talk me into an epidural. With the girls the drugs were warmly welcomed, this time I don't think it was necessary. Any ways...
Many people have asked me what it's like finally having a little boy. Since I'm sure the real differences will be more evident as Isaac gets older, here's what I can tell you so far. We are all enamored with our Little Man! Isaac is the best baby. He let's the girls play with him and drag him around as if he were a doll, he loves it when anyone sings or talks to him, and he will play on the floor and kick his skinny, long legs and big feet in the air for the longest time. The best part? He loves to cuddle. With me. Pretty much just with me. Isaac is my little Teddy Bear, he's even fuzzy like one. He's acquiring a "Mamma's Boy" complex early and I am completely indulging him. I can already picture him too old and cool to want to sit down and cuddle with his mom, so I'm soaking it all in and taking any chance I get. I've never had cuddlers. Audrey was a screamer. She always wanted to be held, but you had to stand and bounce too, or else she would scream. When she was 6 months Tim said he could hear her say "Dance monkey, dance!" She may have even added a maniacal laugh at the end. And then there was Lexi. She was a good baby, but even as an infant she was too busy observing the world to sit down and snuggle into anyone's arms. So, like I said, if Isaac feels like cuddling with me on the couch that is what we're going to do. I have watched homework, dinner, a clean house, clean laundry and clean children slip further and further away from me because of this.
The girls are also in love with their little brother. I knew Audrey would be great with him. She has always shown a love for babies and I knew she was excited. What has really surprised and delighted me is how Lexi has welcomed being a big sister and having a little brother (she really wanted a sister). We've seen a new Lexi, somebody I didn't even know. She has been so sweet, gentle and patient with Isaac. He must really bring out something special in her.
Tim is already enjoying father/son bonding. He insists that it's essential to introduce his son to Star Wars and Sports Center early on in life. I'm sure he would say something about how it is his responsibility as a father and he's just doing what any good father would do. I call it brainwashing.
And now I'll move on to what you're all really here for, the pictures...
| Only hours old. He looks so big now! |
| He used to love baths. But now that he doesn't fit in the sink he hates them :( |
| Look at that cute smile! He's pretty much always this happy! |
| On the day of his blessing, wearing the same outfit Tim wore for his blessing. And lastly, does anyone else see the resemblance? |

1 comment:
Here you are!!
I love that little Kermit baby. He is truly adorable, and I'm glad you are soaking up the snuggles. I plan to do that myself very soon. Clean houses and children are overrated.
Post a Comment