Wherever there is a group of energetic kids running in the sun there is bound to be a good game of chase going on. And I think there has been since the beginning of time. Cowboys and Indians, Cops and Robbers, Army, even the more mild game of Tag have all been witnessed by parents who are just happy not to be trapped in the house with these rambunctious hooligans ( I just like that word, hooligan). You think kids of yore ever played Cain and Abel or Greeks and Trojans? Anyway, to rein in this wandering story...
Today at our church park day we were quickly reminded what day in age this is and what a large impact pop culture has on our young kids. The kids were running around, having a blast playing none other than Vampires. Every one of the moms was quick to accept the blame for her child knowing who Edward is or what a vampire even is. Although, we were all even quicker to make it clear that we have never allowed our "Cold Ones" to watch "Twilight". Like any of us would actually own such entertainment!
I'll just finish by saying I was quite relieved to discover my sweet, gentle Lexi never sank her famous (or is it infamous) fangs into her desired target. And better yet my truly sweet, gentle Audrey comforted me by saying "Don't worry Mom, I was Buffy the Vampire Slayer".
*note: I have no idea who those kids are in the picture, but it was not a good day for the little sister. Thanks Google.
1 comment:
That's awesome. Were any of them Werewolves or just vampires?
Post a Comment