
What is it about toilet training that makes it such a grand event? I work so hard to teach the girls about privacy and personal space but, once Lexi says she wants to sit on the potty we all follow her in and it's an instant party. Yesterday we sat for half an hour singing songs about what we like to do on the potty, telling terrible knock-knock jokes and finally celebrating a productive end to our gathering. I love that she's starting to experiment with being a "Big Girl" but why is it that now I pull out the camera and have to snap a shot with her pants down? I can only blame this silly blog and darn ol' technology. I can't remember ever taking pictures of Audrey taking care of business. And even though my parents have some very cute toddler pictures of me in the bath and washing the car in just a diaper I don't recollect any toilet shots. The plus side to all this is the future embarassment these pictures can bring. I will immediately file these under "for first date". And since I know I will be sitting through hours upon hours of more songs and knock-knock jokes, could someone please teach the girls a few that at least make sense?
Lexi: "Knock-knock?"
Audrey: "Who's there?"
L: "Sock"
A: "Sock who?"
L: "Sock whooo!"
A: Starts cracking up
Mom: "How's it going down there? We done yet?"

1 comment:
Sorry - Knock, Knock jokes won't make sence until they are 8.
Post a Comment